Ultimate Bridging Solutions With New 8-Bit And 32-Bit MCUs
Based upon Bridgetek’s FT32, high performance 32-bit RISC core, the FT90x and FT93x series provides a plethora of connectivity options, making it the ideal choice for advanced technology bridging solutions. By executing instructions from shadow RAM, rather than flash memory, the FT9xx can operate at true Zero Wait States (0WS) up to 100MHz and 310 DMIPS performance. Using the industry standard GCC compiler, together with the Eclipse IDE, allows the FT9xx to utilise a wide variety of third-party and open source software.
FT90x – 32 Bit RISC Microcontroller
- 32-bit RISC architecture
- 256kB program/shadow memory
- High speed operation – 3.1DMIPS/MHz
- 64kB data memory
- True Zero Wait state operation up to 100MHz
- USB DFU Bootloader
- Integrated Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) supports external crystal and clock source output
- 32.768kHz RTC clock support
- Four user timers with prescale and watchdog function
- 3.3V single supply operation
- Internal voltage regulator +1.2V to the digital core for lower power consumption
- Supports Battery Charging Specification, for USB2.0 Hi-Speed peripheral port
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- Pb-free, RoHS packaging, 100QFN, 100LQFP, 76QFN and 80LQFP options.
- Parallel camera interface
- USB2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mbps) device controller with Batttery Charge Detection (BCD
- USB2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mbps) host controller with BCD emulation
- 10/100 BASE-TX Ethernet MAC with MII interface; compliant with the IEEE 802.3/802.3u standards
- Two CAN 2.0 controllers for data transfer up to 1M bit/s
- I2S master/slave interface (24.57/22.57MHz)
- Two SPI slaves support single data transfer with 25MHz clock
- UART interface configured as 1 Full UART or 2 basic UARTs (TX/RX/CTS/RTS)
- Two I2C bus interfaces can be configured as master or slave, with data transfers up to 3.4Mbps
- Eight separate PWM channel outputs with support for PCM 8-bit/16-bit stereo audio output.
- 7 input channels muxed to a single internal ADC
- Two 10 bit DACs.
FT93x – 32 Bit RISC Microcontroller
The FT93x series includes the FT930, FT931, FT932 and FT933 which are complete System-On-Chip 32-bit RISC microcontrollers for USB to multi-interface bridging and embedded applications featuring a high level of integration and low power consumption. With a D2XX hardware engine built-in, it is compatible with D2XX drivers.
Using the industry standard GCC compiler, together with the Eclipse IDE, the FT9xx Toolchain (V.2.3.2), will allow the FT93x to utilise a wide variety of third-party and open source software.
- High performance, low power mixed 16-bit/32-bit FT32B core processor, running at a frequency of 100MHz.
- 128kB on-chip Flash memory.
- 128kB on-chip shadow program memory.
- True Zero Wait States (0WS) up to 3.1 DMIPS per MHz performance.
- 32kB on-chip data memory
- Integrated Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) supports single external 12MHz crystal and direct external clock source input.
- Real Time Clock (RTC) with automatic calibration to compensate for inaccuracies in low-cost 32.768 kHz crystal or other input source.
- D2XX hardware engine (USB 2.0 Device) with up to 7 interfaces
- One USB 2.0 Device controller supports high-speed (480 Mbit/s) and full-speed (12 Mbit/s).
- USB2.0 Device controller supports Isochronous, Interrupt, Control, and Bulk transfers for up to 15 endpoints
- Supports One-Wire for firmware download and software debugging
- One SPI Master supports single/dual/quad modes of data transfer. Clock rate is up to 25 MHz
- One SPI Slave supports single data transfer up to 25MHz
- SD Host Controller conformant to SDA SD Host Controller specification V3.0, running up to 25 MHz and software support for SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
- I2C bus interfaces may be configured as master or slave, supporting standard/fast /fast plus/high speed mode data transfers. Max data transfer rate up to 3.4 Mbit/s. Clock stretching is supported
- Four UARTs configurable as two full UART interfaces or 4 half UART interfaces
- Four 16-bit timers with prescaler and one 32-bit watchdog timer.
- Supports eight independent PWM channels. PWM Channel 0 and 1 may be configured as stereo audio output channels, supporting PCM 8-bit/16-bit stereo data.
- Supports two independent 10-bit DACs. DAC 0/1 channel output. Sample rate of ~1MS/s.
- Supports three 8-bit ADC1/2/3 channel input. Sample rate of ~480KS/s.
- Single 3.3 volt power supply, built-in 1.2 V regulator.
- 3.3 volt I/O power supply, all GPIO pins are 5V tolerant.
- Supports USB Battery Charging Specification Rev 1.2.
- Power-On Reset (POR).
- -40°C to 85°C extended operating temperature range.
- Available in compact Pb-free, RoHS compliant 68 to 48-pin packages.
For more information, please click here for the FT93x product page.
FT51A – 8 Bit 8051 Compatible Core
Note that this series is now under EOL and is not recommended for new designs.
The FT51A series provides an 8051 compatible-core with best in class performance and unique features including multiple ADCs, USB2.0 Full Speed Device, and USB hub function targeted at cascading multiple FT51A systems, or to connect an additional USB peripheral like a mouse or keyboard.
Enhanced Digital features:
- 8051-compatible core running at a maximum frequency of 48MHz
- High speed operation 48MIPS@48MHz
- 16kB program/shadow memory
- 8kB data memory
- True 0WS operation to 48MHz
- FT12 series compatible USB2.0 Full-Speed/Low-Speed peripheral controller with Battery Charger Detection (BCD)
- USB downstream port
- Enhanced UART with transfer rates from 300 to 3M baud
- Integrated hardware debugger
- PWM controller
- I2C master/slave controller
- SPI master/slave controller
- 4 extra timers plus watchdog function
- 8-bit parallel FIFO
- UART/SPI/FIFO, all with DMA functions
- Integrated clock generation, no external crystals required
Enhanced Analog features:
- 16 analog IO cells for ADC functions
- 8051 peripheral set
- Up to 16 Digital IO
- USB DFU Bootloader
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- +5V single supply operation
- Internal 3.3V/1.8V LDO regulators
- Low operating and suspend current 20 mA (active) and 150 uA (suspend)
- Range of compact packaging options available: 48-pin WQFN, 44-pin LQFP, 32-pin WQFN and 28-pin SSOP